Valtro Jardine's Custom 1998A1 - s/n A003xx
The 1998A1 is a Colt 1911A1 pattern pistol manufactured in Italy by Valtro Stocchetta and further refined in the US by Master Pistolsmith John Jardine. Excellent condition with 95% original finish. 5/5 Bore.
Instead of the standard blued finish, the frame and slide has Jardine's Custom's optional Hard Chrome finish.
Right side of the frame has John Jardine's import mark (Berkshire Arms Inc. San Rafael CA Made in Italy Cat. 10871) above the right side grip. Checkering on the front strap and mainspring housing. Very light surface scratches on the right side of the slide below the right corner of the ejection port. On the left side of the slide there is very light scratching around the "1998 A1" laser engraving. Light scuffing along the top edge of the slide.
Original wood grips have very light pressure marks on the left grip, around the upper screw.
Barrel bushing, slide stop lever, ambidextrous thumb safeties, and magazine catch are blued.
Slide and frame were forged from 4340 nickel-chromium-molybdenum steel and heat treated.
5" barrel. Commander-style hammer. Aluminum skeletonized trigger with overtravel adjustment. Full length guide rod.
Trigger weight measured at 4 lbs.
Includes factory Valtro plastic case, barrel bushing wrench, cleaning rod with brass brush, nylon brush, brass jag, and tool storage case.
Includes two original 8rd magazines. Mags are blued steel with plastic base pad.
Edelweiss Arms import engraved on the bottom of the dust cover. Modern production; not C&R eligible. See our How To Order page for ordering instructions.
Special Note: This modern production pistol is on the California DOJ's Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale (Handgun Roster), and is eligible to be shipped to a California FFL dealer until expiration on 01 JAN 2022.
Manufacturer's original specifications:
Special Options Available:
- Caliber: .45 ACP
- Weight: 40 ounces
- Length: 8.75 inches
- Width: 1.290 inches
- Height: 5 inches
- Barrel Length: 5 inches
- Tolerance: All Parts Precision Fit
- Accuracy: Sub 3 inch groups at 50 yards
- Trigger Pull: 3.5 to 4 pounds
- Capacity: 8 in the magazine +1 in the chamber
- Tritium Night Sights
- Hard Chrome
- Black T® (Birdsongs)
- Other Polymer Finishes Available
- Heavier (Law Enforcement Spec) Trigger Weight Available
Near Custom Manufacturing
- Forged National Match Frame and Slide
- 30 Lines Per Inch Checkered Front Strap / Raised Grip
- Low Mount Adjustable Sight
- Dovetail Front Sight
- Crisp 4 Pound Trigger
- Beavertail Grip Safety
- Flat Checkered Mainspring Housing 30 LPI
- .45 ACP Match Barrel (Fitted)
- Matched Bushing
- Ambidextrous Safety
- Deluxe Wood Grips
- Blued Finish
- Dehorned - (sharp edges thoroughly removed)
- Matched Hammer & Sear
- One Piece Full Length Guide Rod
- Double Serrated Slide
- Ejection port lowered and faired
- Highest Quality Steel (4340 Nickel Chrome Molly)
- Machined to the tightest tolerances in the industry
- Machined After Heat Treatment
- 10 Bearing Surfaces - (Fitted Slide to Frame for the ultimate fit)
- Premium Internal Parts Throughout
- Beveled Magazine Well
- Breech Face Tuned and Extractor Tuned
- Polished Feed Ramp and Throated Barrel
- Extended Ejector
- Tuned for total reliability
- Speed Trigger
- (2) Eight Round Magazines