W+F Bern Swiss K31 w/ Matching Bayonet - sn 990xx8
Swiss K31 Carbine, produced in 1952, in very good condition with 90% original finish. 5/5 Bore. 4/5 Stock. Stock and handguard matching serial numbers. Bolt matching serial number. Magazine matching serial number. Furniture is bright blonde in color with dark coloration at the butt of the stock as well as on the underside surfaces. Stock has handling wear, including pressure marks and surface scratches throughout, as well as some gouging. On the left side of the stock at the forend is a heavy pressure mark between the front and rear barrel bands. Just forward of the grip are several surface gouges. On the right side of the stock is a gouge below the comb and a gouge at the upper edge below the rear sight. The handguard has a small gouge on the right side, rear of the rear barrel band. On the underside of the stock, there is the typically expected wear along the toe.
The receiver has great, dark bluing with even coloration. There is edge wear around the loading slot and light finish wear at the rear edge. The rear barrel band has patches of finish wear with patina throughout, and the bluing is worn on the underside at the mounting screw. Front barrel band has edge wear on the left and right sides and edge wear on the bayonet lug. Finish wear on the front sight at the top of the ears. Trigger plate has little finish wear. Trigger guard has light edge wear and good bluing. Magazine also has very good bluing with very light edge wear. P stamped receiver.
Soldier's tag found under butt plate.
Includes muzzle cover and leather sling.
Includes Model 1918 bayonet with matching serial number. Bayonet was manufactured by Elsener Schwyz (later known as Victorinox). Bayonet includes scabbard and leather frog.
C&R Eligible. Discreet import engraving.
The Karabiner Model 1931 (K31) is a magazine fed, straight pull, bolt action rifle chambered in 7.5x55mm Swiss Gewehrpatrone 1911 (GP11) that was the standard issue rifle of the Swiss Armed Forces from 1933 through 1958. The K31 was made by Eidgenossische Waffenfabrik Bern, a Swiss federal armory, and is one of the last carbines employed by the Swiss military that is based on the designs by Schmidt and Rubin.