W+F Bern Swiss K31 w/ Diopter Sights - sn 723xx5
Swiss K31 carbine, produced in 1942, in very good condition with 80% original finish. 3/5 Bore (lightly dull bore with light pitting). 5/5 Stock. Stock and handguard matching serial numbers. Bolt matching serial number. Magazine matching serial number.
Diopter sights are installed. Rear aperture sight is mounted using a W+F BERN K-type mount. Front sight is a globe sight.
Furniture is very clean with limited to light handling wear present and a few scattered pressure marks. Furniture appears to have been sanded and refinished as the Swiss military acceptance stamp is not visible on the right side of the stock, but the edges of the finger grooves are fairly sharp. On the right side of the stock, there are a few light marks below the comb, and a vertical pressure mark at the rear of the grip. There are a couple of light marks above the magazine. On the left side of the stock, there are a few small "dot" pressure marks near the woodline below the receiver. There are a small number of light marks on the underside of the stock along the toe. Handguard is very clean, but again there is no Swiss military acceptance stamp present so this too has been sanded and refinished.
Receiver has mild finish wear throughout, with slightly heavier wear on the left side. Rear barrel band has mild finish wear on the top and right side as well as light patina. Front barrel band has edge wear on the left side at the hinge and on the bayonet lug. Good bluing on the trigger plate with a few small marks. Mild edge wear on the trigger guard. Dark bluing on the magazine with light edge wear.
Receiver is P stamped. Soldier's tag found under butt plate.
Includes leather sling.
C&R Eligible. Discreet import engraving. See our How To Order page for ordering instructions.
The Karabiner Model 1931 (K31) is a magazine fed, straight pull, bolt action rifle chambered in 7.5x55mm Swiss Gewehrpatrone 1911 (GP11) that was the standard issue rifle of the Swiss Armed Forces from 1933 through 1958. The K31 was made by Eidgenossische Waffenfabrik Bern, a Swiss federal armory, and is one of the last carbines employed by the Swiss military that is based on the designs by Schmidt and Rubin.