Swiss K31 Carbine, produced in 1940, in very good condition with 93% original finish. 5/5 Bore. 5/5 Stock. Stock and handguard matching serial numbers. Bolt matching serial number. Magazine matching serial number. Furniture exhibits signs of refurbishment (sanding) as evidenced by rounded edges on the finger grooves and a shallow Swiss military acceptance stamp. There has also been a semi-gloss finish added to the furniture. As such it is fairly clean with a few light pressure marks scattered throughout. On the underside of the stock, there is a large but light pressure mark before the rear barrel band. The handguard has a few light marks on the top side, a heavy dent behind the rear barrel band, and a pressure mark before the front barrel band.
Receiver has light edge wear around the loading slot and at the rear, adjacent to the bolt plug, and light finish wear at the top of the chamber. Rear barrel band bluing is dark and has light finish wear on the underside at the mounting screw. Front barrel band has a scratch in the finish on the top side, light finish wear on the left side at the hinge, light finish wear on the right side at the mounting screw, and faint edge wear on the bayonet lug. Trigger plate has dark bluing with light edge wear around the magazine well and on the right side of the trigger plate. Trigger guard has good bluing with edge wear. Magazine base has lightly worn bluing, edge wear on the left side and light edge wear on the right side.
W+F Bern diopter sight set installed. Rear sight is a fixed iris, front sight is a globe sight.
Receiver is P stamped.
Includes leather sling.
C&R Eligible. Discreet import engraving.
The Karabiner Model 1931 (K31) is a magazine fed, straight pull, bolt action rifle chambered in 7.5x55mm Swiss Gewehrpatrone 1911 (GP11) that was the standard issue rifle of the Swiss Armed Forces from 1933 through 1958. The K31 was made by Eidgenossische Waffenfabrik Bern, a Swiss federal armory, and is one of the last carbines employed by the Swiss military that is based on the designs by Schmidt and Rubin.