Swiss 1911 Rifle, produced in 1915, is in very good condition with 85% original finish. 5/5 Bore. 4/5 Stock. Stock and handguard matching serial numbers. Bolt non-matching serial number. Magazine matching serial number. Charging handle knobs are cracked. Stock has a tiger stripe pattern. Furniture has light handling marks, including light pressure marks throughout. There are some slightly heavier marks on the left side of the stock below the receiver, a long pressure mark on the left side below the comb, and a heavy pressure mark on the right below the bolt removal lever. In the underside of the stock, behind the pistol grip is a small hole where an unknown item was previously attached by a screw. There is a small chip in the stock on the left side, in front of the front barrel band. Receiver has edge wear around the loading slot as well as finish wear at the rear of the receiver and in front of the loading slot. Rear barrel band has dark bluing, with expected finish wear on the right side at the mounting screw and on the bottom at the sling loop. Front barrel band has finish wear on the right side at the mounting screw and on the left side at the hinge. Trigger plate has good bluing. Trigger guard has edge wear and mild pitting. Bluing on magazine base is thinning and approaching white. Receiver is P63 stamped and WF26 stamped, indicating armory refurbishment in 1926. Includes leather sling.
Receiver has been modified to accept a mount for the included clamp-on Anschutz adjustable diopter rear sight. The front sight has a clamp-on sight with adjustable aperture, which sits above the front sight to match the high mounted rear diopter sight.
C&R Eligible. Aftermarket front sight would cover where the Edelweiss Arms engraving would normally be applied, so the receiver has been engraved on the right side.
The Model 1911 rifle is a magazine fed, straight pull, bolt action rifle produced by Eidgenossische Waffenfabrik Bern that employs all of the upgrades of the converted 1896/11 rifle from the factory. The Model 1911 rifle is chambered in 7.5x55mm Swiss Gewehrpatrone 1911 (GP11) and was produced by the Swiss federal armory from 1913 through 1919.