W+F Bern Swiss 1911 - sn 439xxx
Swiss 1911 Infantry Rifle, produced in 1917, in very good condition with 85% original finish. 5/5 Bore. 4/5 Stock. Stock and handguard matching serial numbers. Bolt matching serial number. Magazine matching serial number.
Furniture has light to mild finish wear throughout. Mild discoloration around the butt of the stock. On the right side of the stock, there are a few scuffs around the butt of the stock and a light pressure mark rear of the pistol grip. There are a couple of light to mild pressure marks below the bolt release lever and handling wear to the left of the finger groove. On the left side of the stock there is a long gouge on the woodline above the finger groove. On the underside of the stock there is a long, thin scratch in front of the magazine plate. Handguard has scattered light pressure marks. On the left side of the handguard near the woodline in front of the ferrule are a couple of small gouges.
Receiver has mostly light finish wear. Light edge wear around the loading slot and lightening cuts. Mild edge wear and finish wear at the rear edge of the receiver. Light edge wear and light finish wear on the right side of the receiver. Rear barrel band has moderate to heavy finish wear. Front barrel band has fair to moderate finish wear. Magazine plate has fair to mild finish wear. Trigger guard has heavy finish wear and heavy patina. Magazine has fair to moderate finish wear on the base and some patina.
Receiver is P57 stamped, indicating privatization in 1957. There is also a ·25 stamped below the serial number, indicating armory refurbishment in 1925.
Includes muzzle cover and leather sling.
C&R Eligible. Discreet import engraving. See our How To Order page for ordering instructions.
The Model 1911 rifle is a magazine fed, straight pull, bolt action rifle produced by Eidgenossische Waffenfabrik Bern that employs all of the upgrades of the converted 1896/11 rifle from the factory. The Model 1911 rifle is chambered in 7.5x55mm Swiss Gewehrpatrone 1911 (GP11) and was produced by the Swiss federal armory from 1913 through 1919.