W+F Bern Swiss 1911 - sn 392xxx
Swiss 1911 Infantry Rifle, produced in 1915, in very good condition with 85% finish. 5/5 Bore. 4/5 Stock. Stock and handguard matching serial numbers. Bolt matching serial number. Magazine matching serial number.
Furniture overall has light handling wear. On the underside of the stock there are a couple of mild pressure marks in front of the rear sling loop. There is a gouge on the forearm toward the right side, below the finger groove. On the right side of the handguard in front of the ferrule there is an area where some of the wood seems to have either been cut or sanded off. There is an area of red coloration on the top side before the front barrel band.
Receiver has light finish wear throughout. Light edge wear around the loading slot, the lightening cuts, and at the rear of the receiver adjacent to the bolt plug. Light edge wear on the right side of the receiver. There are a few marks in the surface of the metal. Rear barrel band has mild finish wear and light patina. Front barrel band has light finish wear, mostly on the left side. Magazine plate has mild to fair finish wear. Trigger guard has light edge wear and mild finish wear on the underside. Magazine has moderate to heavy finish wear on the base.
Top bolt knob is cracked.
Receiver is P stamped. There is also a "B27" stamp located below the receiver's serial number. A two digit year stamp, either by itself, or preceded or followed by a ·, or preceded by a "WF" usually indicates armory refurbishment in that year, however we do not know the significance of the "B" preceding "27".
Includes muzzle cover and leather sling.
C&R Eligible. Discreet import engraving. See our How To Order page for ordering instructions.
The Model 1911 rifle is a magazine fed, straight pull, bolt action rifle produced by Eidgenossische Waffenfabrik Bern that employs all of the upgrades of the converted 1896/11 rifle from the factory. The Model 1911 rifle is chambered in 7.5x55mm Swiss Gewehrpatrone 1911 (GP11) and was produced by the Swiss federal armory from 1913 through 1919.