SIG P210-4 German Border Police - sn D3xxx
Swiss made SIG P210-4, manufactured and issued to the West German Federal Border Guard, Bundesgrenzschutz (BGS). Manufactured in 1951 and from the 2nd shipment (serial numbers 501 to 4210) for BGS. Good condition with 70% original finish. 5/5 Bore. Frame, slide, and barrel are matching serial numbers. Left side of the frame has moderate finish wear at the forward edge of the high area as well as the dust cover. Moderate edge wear continues along the upper edge to the rear. Edge wear on the dust cover continues along the bottom edge, behind the trigger guard, to the rear of the trigger. Finish wear all along the high area of the frame, with heavier finish wear at the rear and above the slide stop lever. Finish wear below the slide stop lever where the lever had rubbed against the frame during assembly or disassembly, and expected finish wear from safety selector usage. Right side of the frame has moderate finish wear at the forward edge of the high area and at the dust cover. Moderate finish wear continues along the upper edge to the rear. Edge wear on the dust cover continues to the rear, behind the trigger guard, to the front strap. Finish wear along the high area of the frame, along with some scratches at the high area and on the dust cover. Edge wear on the trigger guard. Underside of the frame has moderate finish wear all along the dust cover and the bottom of the trigger guard, and there is finish wear from handling on the front strap.
Slide has edge wear along the high area on the left and right sides. Overall finish of the slide is evenly worn, suggesting that this is likely due to holster wear. Holster wear on the front and rear sight.
C&R eligible. Discreet import engraving. See our How To Order page for ordering instructions.
The SIG P210-4 was manufactured by SIG Neuhausen specifically for the Bundesgrenschutz. The lanyard loop is omitted from the frame and a loaded chamber indicator was added to the top of the slide. Approximately 5000 total were manufactured for BGS in 1951. In 1995, approximately 500 were manufactured as a special order for Frankonia-Jagd (serial numbers D6001~D6500.