Swiss made SIG P210-4, manufactured and issued to the West German Federal Border Guard, Bundesgrenzschutz (BGS). Manufactured in 1951 and from the 2nd shipment of (501 to 4210) delivered after 15 JUN 1951 to BGS so these were configured from factory with black plastic grips. It is in very good condition with 85% original finish. 5/5 Bore. Frame, slide, and barrel matching serial numbers. Frame has quite a bit of handling wear. The left side of the frame has small surface scratches and marks along the top raised area, as well as edge wear along the forward edge, the bottom edge of the dust cover, and at the top rear of the frame. The right side of the frame exhibits heavier wear, with bluing wear at the forward edge and continuing toward the rear, as well as more small scratches. The underside of the frame has more bluing wear at the dust cover and the trigger guard, and small marks on the front strap. The slide has good quality finish, with light edge wear on the front sight, finish wear on the top of the rear sight, light edge wear on the left side at the muzzle, a little heavier edge wear on the right side at the muzzle, and light finish wear at the top of the slide serrations. The black plastic grips are well worn, with marks on the top of the right side grip as well as dulled checkering.
BGS eagle stamp on the frame to the right of the serial number. BMI (Bundesministeriums des Innern / Federal Ministry of the Interior) stamp is found on the left side of the frame at the trigger guard. C&R Eligible. Very discreet import engraving.
The SIG P210-4 omits the lanyard loop on the left side of the grip and adds a loaded chamber indicator on the top of the slide.
Originally manufactured in 1947 by SIG in Neuhausen, Switzerland, this pistol was first designated as the SP 47/8 and became the standard military pistol of the Swiss Army in 1949 under the designation Pistole 49 (P49). Later designated as the P210, this handgun is constructed of steel and is chambered in either 9x19mm or 7.65x21mm Parabellum. The SIG P210 has been manufactured continuously for over 55 years with numerous variations, all of which are highly valued for their historical significance and reputation for surgical accuracy.