Rare W+F Bern Swiss 1889 .22LR - sn 99xxx
Swiss 1889 Infantry Rifle, produced in 1892, in very good condition with 90% finish. 5/5 Bore. 4/5 Stock.
This 1889 has been modified to a single shot .22LR rifle.
- The barrel is a dedicated .22LR barrel.
- Overall length is now similar to the K11 and K31 Carbine.
- The magazine was cleanly cut and shortened and the follower was replaced with a block. The magazine is only cosmetic in function.
- The original tangent sight has been replaced with the later tangent sight found on the K11 and K31.
- Stock was updated to add a pistol grip.
- Magazine plate was shortened to accommodate the retrofit pistol grip.
- Rear sling mount was relocated to the left side of the butt like on the K11 Carbine.
- A wood splice was inserted where the original rear sling mount was installed.
- A wood splice is found on the underside of the stock, forward of the rear barrel band spring.
On the left side of the stock, there is a heavy pressure mark on the edge of the rear sling mount. Light gouging before the finger groove. Small 1/4" crack at the receiver tang.
Receiver has light finish wear and light patina. Light patina on the front barrel band. Light finish wear on the trigger guard.
Receiver is P30 stamped, indicating privatization in 1930.
Antique; no import engraving.