Rare W+F Bern Swiss 1889 .22LR - sn 75xxx
Swiss 1889 Infantry Rifle, produced in 1892, in very good condition with 85% finish. 5/5 Bore. 4/5 Stock.
The ring of the cocking piece is cracked.
This 1889 has been modified to a single shot .22LR rifle.
- The barrel is a dedicated .22LR barrel.
- Overall length is now similar to the K11 and K31 Carbine.
- The magazine was cleanly cut and shortened and the follower was replaced with a block. The magazine is only cosmetic in function.
- The original tangent sight has been replaced with the later tangent sight found on the K11 and K31.
- Stock was updated to add a pistol grip.
- Magazine plate was shortened to accommodate the retrofit pistol grip.
- Rear sling mount was relocated to the left side of the butt like on the K11 Carbine.
- A wood splice was inserted where the original rear sling mount was installed.
- A wood splice is found on the underside of the stock, forward of the rear barrel band spring.
- The ears of the front sight have been shortened.
On the right side of the stock, there is a heavy pressure mark on the butt at the comb and light gouges at the rear of the butt. Light gouging around the grip. Heavy pressure marks above the magazine. On the underside of the stock there are light gouges around the magazine plate. Heavy pressure marks along the comb.
Receiver finish is mildly worn. Front barrel band has mild finish wear. Magazine plate and trigger guard have light finish wear and light patina.
Receiver is P13 stamped, indicating privatization in 1913.
Includes leather sling.
Antique; no import engraving.