This Swiss 1863/67 Infantry Rifle, manufactured by von Erlach & Company in Thun (Bern, CH), is in good condition with 70% original finish. 3/5 Bore. 2/5 Stock. There was a repair previously performed at the toe of the stock; it has separated from the stock and is being held in place solely by a wood rivet. The butt plate screw also appears to have some sort of repair performed to it. Wood also has various dents and marks, as can be expected with a firearm of this age. There are two stamps on the left side of a stock at the cheek piece: a cross over W within a circle, and "HS" to the right of that. The top of the chamber is stamped with "v.ERLACH u.Cie THUN" and a similar manufacturing mark is on the right side plate. The bore is bright but there is some pitting present. Overall bluing is thin, with some areas worn and in the white. Original ramrod from muzzle loading configuration is included.
Antique; no import engraving. See our How To Order page for ordering instructions.
Originally manufactured as the 1863 infantry rifle, which was the first Swiss long gun with a rifled barrel, it was converted from muzzle loading into the breach loading Milbank-Amsler system sometime after 1867.